Saturday, December 13, 2008

Links!

I read a couple articles this morning I thought worth passing on.

#1: CNN's Prisoner of War at Men's Journal Online. This is an interview with Michael Ware by Greg Veis. Ware is a CNN reporter who's spent the bulk of the last 5+ years in Iraq and his mental stability has paid the price for it.

#2: Fallout Boy at The Escapist. This one's an editorial by Gamers With Jobs' Sean Sands. In this one Sean talks about why Fallout 3 failed for him and why that says more about him than it does about the game. He comes to the same conclusion I had with the game when he writes, "Fallout 3 is not a bad game. It's just not that great." I agree 100% with just about everything in there except that I don't think Sean's history with PC games is why he hasn't enjoyed it. Fallout 3 is a flawed game. There's just no way around it. It's a good game, but it could've been great and it wasn't.