Thursday, December 11, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

The reason I didn't see it in the theater (despite rarely being able to get a sitter) was because it was what I feared it would be:

The epitome of tongue-in-cheek suck that totally missed why the old movies were great. I think Todd said this was better than Temple (which I agree is the worst of the trilogy) -- and I think that's loopy. This is so far and away the worst Indy movie ever made it's not even close. I thought it was painfully bad. So bad Mary and I almost turned off the TV 90 minutes in.

During the past 2 days -- the time we will refer in our house as the Great Stomach Virus Battle of 2008, I finally got caught up on a lot of movies I never had a chance to see this year (and last).

Iron Man -- I loved
Hellboy 2 -- I liked a lot
Hancock - was cool for the first 45-minutes or so
The Hulk - Was a hell of a lot better than I expected
Indy: A painful, sad ouch.

Just like Star Wars, you just can't go home again.