Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Surviving Abnercon '08

Well, we finally have our house to ourselves again! Four days of Todd is enough to destroy the will of most mortal men, but we have trudged through and made it out alive.

Actually, the weekend was a a great time as Mary and I enjoy hanging out with Todd and Angie a great deal and then when you add my old college buddy Billy Baroo you have a recipe for a LOT of laughs. I learned a lot this weekend, though:

I learned that despite all my yapping, I am apparently horrible at boardgames. From Thursday through Sunday afternoon we played Catan (twice), Citadels, Shogun, Mare Nostrum, Qwirkle, The Europe Expansion for Railroad Tycoon, PitchCar, and Ivanhoe. I won exactly zero of these games. Now, I still had a ball, and we started to openly laugh at my misfortune, but come on...ONE game? Can I win ONE game?! Come on!!

Anyway, it was a great time and hopefully we can do it again soon.