Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Hump Day - Snow Day with Pictures!

Well, there's no school today in lovely Johnstown Ohio because we received about 3 inches of snow last night. That doesn't sound like too much but ...here in the sticks (well, semi-sticks) 3 inches can play havoc with the buses, so me and Ashley are just chillin today.

If you are a reader of my old blog haunt, you will recall my nearly two year search for an HDTV and home theater setup. I finally decided to go with the Sony 60" KDS, and I am extremely happy with it -- along with my Velodyne Subwoofer and Athena 5.1 speaker setup. Very happy indeed. I took some pics last night and I figured I'd share them with you so you could get a look at where I play College Hoops 2K8 and watch House. Note the Nylabones on the floor. Our house is littered with them.






Also, as you may know, I write and freelance edit for GameShark as well as do a few freelance articles for GameSpy from time to time but I'm also going to start part-time writing for a new website that launches in 2008, of which I cannot talk about due to NDA stuff. But on this new site they need a head photo of me, and being labeled as the "sports guy" I figured I'd get a picture taken fresh home from my Tuesday night basketball league. Fitting, eh? So, too informal? Do I look too happy? I'm normally not that cheery...ask Todd. I was coming off a five 3-pt shooting night so maybe that was it. Abner for THREEEE!!

7 comments:

Brandon said...

You need to do something about those shades my man. Glare kills!

Nice picture. You don't look anything like I pictured you to. Must be the lack of horns and no throne of wailing, suffering humans for you to perch upon as you dole out suffering.

bill abner said...

There's very little I can do about that glare, sadly.

bill abner said...

And, it's not that bad, really. The glare on pic 2 is from the camera.

todd brakke said...

Nice look'n set up. (Your TV, not your picture.)

bill abner said...

I am a handsome devil, I know.

And CH2K8 looks sooo nice on that set, Todd. Ha--ha.

todd brakke said...

Bah. Call me when you've got a 96" projection screen. :P

Brandon said...

Todd ftw! I have a 92 inch myself, but I don't know what the LOL speak acronym is "for second place".